Dr. Giorgio Risso’s practice focuses mainly on national and international arbitration and litigation.
Giorgio joined the firm in 2017. Giorgio was a Research Fellow at the University of Genoa where he carried out research and teaching activities in the areas of public international law, private international law and EU law. From September 2014 to April 2015 he was a Visiting Researcher at King’s College London.
- Member, Italian Society of International Law (SIDI)
- Member, European Society of International Law (ESIL)
- General Editor, Cambridge International Law Journal
- Member, Swiss Arbitration Association Below 40
- Member, Young ICCA
- Contributor, Investment Claims (Oxford University Press)
- “Case Comment on Dawood Rawat v Mauritius, Award on Jurisdiction, 6 April 2018, PCA Case No 2016-20”  Investment Claims (Oxford University Press)
- “Product Liability and Protection of EU Consumers: Is It Time for a Serious Reassessment?”  Journal of Private International Law 210-233
- “Financial Torts and Investor Protection: Is the Europeanisation of Third State Cases a Viable Solution?”  Netherlands International Law Review 313-334.
- “Investor Protection in Credit Rating Agencies’ Non-Contractual Liability: the Need for a Fully Harmonised Regime”  European Law Review 706-721.
- “Insider trading e Direttiva Market Abuse Directive: la nozione di ‘informazione precisa’ torna al vaglio della Corte di giustizia”  Eurojus.it, on-line review directed by the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence of the University of Milan.
- “A First Step towards the Localisation of the Harmful Event in Financial Torts? Case Comment on C-375/13 Kolassa v Barclays Bank”  KSLR Blog on European Law.
- “Consulenza in materia di investimenti e tutela dell’investitore nella direttiva MiFID: tra armonizzazione europea e soluzioni interpretative nazionali”  Contratto e Impresa/Europa 813-837,
- “Il riconoscimento e l’esecuzione delle decisioni giudiziarie nel regolamento Bruxelles I bis” (with Dr. Elena Gualco)  Diritto del commercio internazionale 837-871.
- “La responsabilità extracontrattuale della società di rating: riflessioni in tema di competenza giurisdizionale”  Diritto del commercio internazionale 847-863.
“Engaging with Domestic Law in International Adjudication,” Amsterdam Center for International Law, February 28 - March 1, 2019.
“International Economic Law in Unsettling Times,” The Society of International Economic Law 6th Biennial Global Conference.
“Consumer Policy in a Comparative Perspective: New Challenges in Chinese, European, and International Law”, European Society of International Law - University of Macau.
“Product Liability and the Protection of European Consumers: Is It Time for a Serious Reassessment?” – paper selected for presentation June 29-30, 2017.
International Seminar on Private International Law, Madrid, “Financial torts and investor protection: is the extraterritorial application of EU jurisdiction rules a possible solution?” April 14-15, 2016.
9th International Graduate Legal Research Conference (IGLRC), London, “Credit Rating Agencies’ Liability and Investor Protection: between EU Substantive and Private International Law” April 13-14, 2015.