Greg Lourie’s practice focuses on international arbitration and litigation, in particular investor-State disputes, and public international law.
Greg joined the firm in 2018.
- Lecturer at Saarland University, Saarbrücken (Public International Law)
- Member of the Academic Council of the Belarusian International Law & Arbitration Association
- Member of the German Society of International Law (German Branch of the ILA)
- Member of DIS40, ICC YAF, RAA40, Young ICSID, Young OGEMID
“Cybersecurity, International Arbitration and the Ethical Rules and Obligations Governing the Conduct of Lawyers: A Comparative Analysis,” TDM 3 (2019) (with S. Alekhin and A. Foucard)
“The BGH’s Achmea Decision: Arbitration Clauses in ‘Intra-EU BITs’ Are Invalid,” Cleary Gottlieb Alert Memo, November 30, 2018
“Investitionsschutzverträge in Zeiten der Abkehr vom völkervertragsrechtlichen Investitionsschutz,” Versicherungsmechanismen im Recht (Behme/Fries/Stark, eds., 2016)
“Diplomatic Protection Under the State-to-State Arbitration Clauses of Investment Treaties,” Austrian Yearbook on International Arbitration (Klausegger et al., eds., 2015)
FDI Moot Court, coach of the University of Saarbrücken student team, November 10, 2019
The Russian Approach to the ISDS Reform, Workshop on Current Developments in the Reform Debate on Investor State Dispute Settlement, Europainstitut Saarbrücken, May 7, 2019
Can States reshape their Investment Treaties through Subsequent Agreements and State to State Arbitration?, Panel Discussion at NLU Delhi, October 2, 2017
Exploring the Varying Dimensions of Public Policy in International Arbitration, 2nd CARTAL Conference on International Arbitration, Judhpur, September 30, 2017
17. Graduiertentreffen im Internationalen Wirtschaftsrecht: Internationale Abkommen im Wirtschaftsrecht, Conference Host, Goethe University Frankfurt, June 11-12, 2016