Marco D’Ostuni’s practice focuses on competition law and on regulation in the energy, telecommunications and media sectors.
He has represented clients in some of the leading EU and Italian competition law cases, often in heavily regulated sectors. He is widely published on antitrust matters and lectures at conferences and universities.
After two years at a major international competition law firm in Brussels, Marco joined the firm in 2000 in the New York office. In June 2001, he transferred to the Rome office, where he is now based. He became partner in 2009.
- Former Intern, European Court of Justice
“A Warning for Data Hoarders: The Case of Electronic Invoicing,” Regulating for Globalization, December 19, 2018.
Quoted in “Italian Watchdog Warns on Electronic Invoicing,” Global Data Review, November 21, 2018.
“Italy,” The Public Competition Enforcement Review - Edition 10.
“Geo-blocking and Discrimination in European E-commerce: Another Brick Off The Wall,” Regulating for Globalization, Wolters Kluwer, May 2018.
- “Abuse of dominance and exclusive deals: Qualcomm’s chipsets are down,” Regulating for Globalization, Wolters Kluwer, February 2018.
- “Excessive pricing and copyright industry: still blurred lines?,” Regulating for Globalization, Wolters Kluwer, December 2017.
- “Italy,” The Technology, Media and Telecommunications Review, eighth edition, December 2017 (Marco Zotta and Manuela Becchimanzi, co-authors).
- “EU Overview,” The Technology, Media and Telecommunications Review, eighth edition, December 2017 (Gianluca Faella and Manuela Becchimanzi, co-authors).
- “Access to Facilities in the Telecommunications Sector: An Overview of EU and National Case Law,” Competition Case Law Digest, September 2017.
- “Il Sistema del controllo delle concentrazioni in Italia,” G. Giappichelli Editore, July 2017 (M. Beretta co-author).
- “Facebook v Business Competence S.r.l.,” Leading Internet Case Law, May 2017.
- “Italy,” The Energy Regulation and Markets Review, fifth edition, September 2016 (Luciana Bellia and Giuliana D’Andrea, co-authors).
- “Italy,” The Public Competition Enforcement Review (2009-2018).
- “Italy,” The International Comparative Legal Guide to Cartels & Leniency (Global Legal Group, 2008-2013).
- “Italy,” Getting the Deal Through – Private Antitrust Litigation (Law Business Research, 2003-2018).
- October 24, 2018
Cartel Follow-On Damages Claims Seminar: Recent Experiences in Cross-Border Cases
- March 16, 2018
Lecture at LUISS School of Law Conference on Private Antitrust Enforcement
- June 23, 2017
Lecture at Università degli Studi Di Napoli - Federico II on abuse of dominance
- June 21, 2017
Lecture at Trento Summer School on Advanced EU Competition Law & Economics on abuse of dominance
- April 05, 2017
Speech at Italian Antitrust Association’s Competition Talk Conference 2017 on excessive pricing
- February 16-19, 2017
Judge at the European Law Moot Court Regional Final in Naples