Sarah Schröder’s practice focuses on international arbitration, litigation, and public international law.
In particular, she represents investors and States or state-owned companies in the context of investment arbitrations before the ICSID and other arbitration institutions.
Sarah joined the firm in 2014.
The Republic of Côte d’Ivoire in an ongoing ICSID arbitration commenced by Wise Solutions CDI, SA arising out of a dispute related to a concession contract for waste management services in Abidjan.
The Hellenic Republic in two separate ongoing ICSID arbitrations commenced by Cyprus Popular Bank Public Co. Ltd and Bank of Cyprus Public Co. Ltd under the Cyprus-Hellenic Republic bilateral investment treaty concerning measures taken to address the Hellenic Republic’s financial crisis.
The Hellenic Republic in an ICSID arbitration commenced by Poštová banka a.s., a Slovak bank that purchased interests in Greek Government bonds, and its Cypriot shareholder, Istrokapital SE, under the Hellenic Republic-Slovak Republic and the Hellenic Republic-Cyprus bilateral investment treaties, challenging measures taken to address the Hellenic Republic’s financial crisis. In April 2015, the arbitral tribunal dismissed all of the claims for lack of jurisdiction. A challenge of the award was dismissed in September 2016.
The Republic of Austria in an ICSID arbitration commenced by a Maltese investor alleging violations of the Austria-Malta bilateral investment treaty.
The Republic of Iraq in an ICC arbitration initiated against the Republic of Turkey under inter-State agreements governing the use and operation of oil pipelines between Iraq and Turkey.
- Lecturer for University Paris-Est Créteil’s LL.M. in Advanced International Business Dispute Resolution
- Group Advisor for the 9th cycle of the Young ICCA Mentoring Program
- Lecturer at the Ecole de formation professionnelle des Barreaux de la Cour d’Appel de Paris (international arbitration)
- Coach of the Université de Paris II – Panthéon-Assas team for the 2019 Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
- Member of the Association Suisse de l’Arbitrage, ASA Below 40
- Member of the LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)
- Member of the ICC Young Arbitrators Forum (YAF)
- Member of the Comité français de l’arbitrage, CFA-40
- Member of ICDR Young & International
Moderator, The Evolution of Careers in International Arbitration, March 30, 2022
Arbitrating Emergencies in Banking and Finance Disputes – The Commercial and Investment Arbitration Perspectives, ICDR Y&I webinar, December 30, 2020
Young ICCA Skills Training Workshop, October 9, 2019
Tribunal Secretaries: An LCIA Insight Behind the Curtain, LCIA, February 13, 2018