Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP seeks a personal assistant to support a team of partners in its Brussels corporate practice.
Cleary Gottlieb is a leading international law firm. Our Brussels office, established in 1960, is one of the most prestigious business law practices in the European capital, and is a vibrant workplace, with 92 lawyers from 24 different nationalities and a professional support staff of 78 people. The candidate would act as executive assistant to two partners and will be part of the general Assistants’ team that provides administrative support for all lawyers.
The Personal Assistant must be proficient in English, with fluency in at least Dutch or French, have excellent organizational and communication skills, command of the Microsoft Office suite and a sense of initiative. Regular tasks and responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing and coordinating the partners’ agenda
- Handling travel arrangements, including preparing itineraries, booking transportation & accommodation, obtaining visas, etc.
- Assisting with a range of administrative tasks including processing legal correspondence, telephone coverage, billing, and time recording
- Supporting the partners, in coordination with the Business Development team, in business development initiatives including client outreach, seminars and webinars
- Collaborating with the Event & Facilities team to organize meetings, seminars, conference calls
- Attending team meetings and seminars when possible
- Handling filing
- Providing back-up for colleagues on the Assistants’ team when necessary
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Perfect command of English
- Fluency in Dutch and/or French
- Previous experience in an office environment
- Excellent command of Microsoft applications and the firm’s system tools
- Outstanding administrative (accuracy, attention to detail, etc.) and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload
- Reliable, flexible & pro-active
- Professional ethic and manner – must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Capability to work independently as well as in a team-based environment.
The Personal Assistant role reports to the Human Resources Manager, who is also based in Brussels. Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton offers an attractive benefits & salary package in a flexible work environment including homeworking.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their cover letter and résumé to BruAdminRecruit@cgsh.com.