Personal Assistant (English)
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP seeks a personal assistant to support a team of partners in its Brussels corporate practice.
Cleary Gottlieb is a leading international law firm. Our Brussels office, established in 1960, is one of the most prestigious business law practices in the European capital, and is a vibrant workplace, with 92 lawyers from 24 different nationalities and a professional support staff of 78 people. Our corporate practice currently comprises three partners serving leading Belgian and international corporations across a range of areas including mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and financing transactions. The candidate would act as executive assistant to the three partners, supporting the Corporate team in its day-to-day activities and special projects.
The Personal Assistant must be proficient in English (fluency in at least Dutch or French is a plus), have excellent organizational and communication skills, knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, and a sense of initiative.
Regular tasks and responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing and coordinating the partners’ agenda
- Handling travel arrangements, including preparing itineraries, booking transportation & accommodation, obtaining visas, etc.
- Assisting with a range of administrative tasks including processing legal correspondence, telephone coverage, billing, and time recording
- Supporting the partners, in coordination with the Business Development team, with business development initiatives, including client outreach, seminars, and webinars
- Collaborating with the Event & Facilities team to organize meetings, seminars, and conference calls
- Attending team meetings and seminars when possible
- Handling filing
- Providing back-up for colleagues on the Assistants’ team when necessary
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Perfect command of English (Dutch and/or French is a plus)
- Previous experience in an office environment
- Excellent command of Microsoft applications and the firm’s system tools
- Outstanding administrative (accuracy, attention to detail, etc.) and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and adhere to deadlines
- Professional work ethic and manner – must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Capability to work independently as well as in a team-based environment.
The Personal Assistant role reports to the Human Resources Manager, who is also based in Brussels. Cleary offers an attractive benefits & salary package in a flexible work environment including homeworking.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their cover letter and résumé to BruAdminRecruit@cgsh.com.