EU Competition Paralegal
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton is an internationally renowned law firm, with a proven history of providing creative and innovative legal solutions for our clients. Our Brussels office, situated at the heart of Europe, is staffed by a diverse and multilingual team of lawyers from more than 25 nationalities.
We are seeking an EU Competition Paralegal to strengthen our Practice Development team.
We offer the opportunity to work on a broad range of EU Competition law activities and to become a member of a dynamic team in a firm that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
He/she/they will join a specialized team supporting an international group of attorneys in the EU Competition Law Practice.
He/she/they will report to the Practice Development Manager, also based in the Brussels Office.
In particular, the EU Competition Paralegal will:
- Perform substantive legal work requiring an understanding of legal concepts, in particular in the field of EU Competition law;
- Perform legal and factual research (this will often involve evaluating, interpreting and summarizing legislation, case law, commentary and business documents);
- Provide organizational support to case teams;
- Perform language reviews, proofreading and citation checks to briefs, legal memoranda, presentations and publications;
- Contribute to internal knowledge management projects.
Desired skills and competencies:
- Master degree in law is preferred; an alternative degree in economics would be considered;
- Perfect command of English, any other European language is an asset;
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications;
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills (both oral and written);
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multicultural environment and to build credibility and trust with colleagues throughout the firm;
- Proactive work attitude, resourceful, results-oriented, reliable and flexible;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, prioritize workload and adhere to deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-based environment.
If you are looking for a position in an international environment where collegiality, integrity, excellence, passion and going the extra mile are the core values, then please send your cover letter and CV to BruParalegalRecruit@cgsh.com.