Paralegal – EU Competition
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP – Brussels Office
We are seeking an EU Competition Paralegal to strengthen our Practice Development team.
We offer the opportunity to work on a broad range of EU Competition law activities and to become a member of a dynamic team in a firm that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
He/she/they will join a specialized team supporting an international group of attorneys in the EU Competition Law Practice.
He/she/they will report to the Practice Development Manager, also based in the Brussels Office.
In particular, the EU Competition Paralegal will:
- Perform substantive legal work requiring an understanding of legal concepts, in particular in the field of EU Competition law;
- Perform legal and factual research (this will often involve evaluating, interpreting and summarizing legislation, case law, commentary and business documents);
- Provide organizational support to case teams;
- Perform language reviews, proofreading and citation checks to briefs, legal memoranda, presentations and publications;
- Contribute to internal knowledge management projects.
Desired skills and competencies:
- Master degree in law is preferred; an alternative degree in economics would be considered;
- First language English, any other European language is an asset;
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications;
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills (both oral and written);
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multicultural environment and to build credibility and trust with colleagues throughout the firm;
- Proactive work attitude, resourceful, results-oriented, reliable and flexible;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, prioritize workload and adhere to deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-based environment.
If you are looking for a position in an international environment where collegiality, integrity, excellence, passion and going the extra mile are the core values, then please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.