Cross-Border Restructurings: The Interplay Between Chile and the United States
July 13, 2023
Event Overview Tab
New York, New York
Cleary Gottlieb partners Luke Barefoot and Adam Brenneman spoke on the panel, “Cross-Border Restructurings: The Interplay Between Chile and the United States.”
Hosted at Cleary’s New York office, the panel discussion explored questions related to new developments in international restructurings, including:
- Why are certain Chilean companies and other foreign companies filing for Chapter 11 in the United States rather than filing for reorganization in their own home jurisdictions?
- What are the requirements for and benefits of filing under Chapter 11 in the United States?
- How can Chapter 15 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code help?
- What pitfalls should Chilean companies contemplating a Chapter 11 filing consider?
- What is the impact of Chile’s adoption of the UNCITRAL model law?
The panel also featured the following external speakers:
- Alfredo del Carril, Associate General Counsel, The AES Corporation
- José María Eyzaguirre B., Partner, Claro & Cia
- Devi A. Rajani, Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting