EU Law and Human Rights
March 5, 2021
Cleary Gottlieb associate Giulia Checcacci led an online course on EU Law and Human Rights, organized by the CEELI Institute, a Czech non-governmental nonprofit organization.
The course explored:
- The connection between the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights, and national legal human rights protection.
- The procedures under Article 7 of the Treaty of the European Union (TEU), and how to trigger them.
- Reforms of national judicial systems and the safeguards of independence of the judiciary under the EU law.
- The admissibility of claims before the EU Courts.
- EU case-law on “balanced” restrictions of fundamental rights.
- Practical tips on how to access the relevant EU documents.
To learn more, click here.