Governance Watch Webcast: Highlights From the 2022 Proxy Season
August 9, 2022
Event Overview Tab
Cleary Gottlieb counsel Helena Grannis and associate Shuangjun Wang participated in the Governance Watch Webcast: Highlights From the 2022 Proxy Season.
The discussion focused on trends in this year’s shareholder proposals, director elections, and say-on-pay proposals, including:
- The surprising reasons why support for some shareholder proposals fell this year.
- Key highlights of trends in environmental, social, and governance proposals.
- The ongoing impact of the November 2021 SEC staff guidance on shareholder proposals and how to think about the recent flurry of SEC rulemaking.
- How discussions with shareholder proponents are evolving.
- Why average support for company say-on-pay proposals continues to drop.
- How to keep your directors from being targeted for opposition.
- How to improve your engagement with institutional investors during the offseason.
- Helena Grannis, Counsel, Cleary Gottlieb
- Linda Scott, SVP, Associate Corporate Secretary, JPMorgan Chase
- Shuangjun Wang, Associate, Cleary Gottlieb
- Paul Washington, Executive Director, The Conference Board ESG
This Governance Watch program is hosted by Cleary Gottlieb and The Conference Board ESG Center.
Click here to learn more.
To receive invitations for future events, subscribe to our Corporate Governance mailing list by clicking here and selecting “Corporate Governance.”