Cleary Gottlieb Achieves Excellent Rankings in Chambers Europe 2022
March 17, 2022
Cleary Gottlieb continues to receive outstanding rankings as a premier law firm in the latest edition of Chambers Europe.
Cleary earned 32 practice and 65 lawyer rankings in the 2022 guide, 17 of which were top-tier.
Commendations for our firm and lawyers included:
- “The lawyers are responsive, highly intelligent, and extremely receptive to collaborating with our in-house legal and executive team.” (Europe-wide)
Banking & Finance
- “The lawyers are super responsive and on top of everything.” (Belgium)
- “The team stands out for their dedication and commitment to every assignment - they always find practical solutions to the most complex of situations.” (United Kingdom)
Capital Markets (Debt and Equity)
- “They have excellent subject matter experts and have proven themselves able to manage the legal challenges involved in constantly changing projects.” (Europe-wide)
- “They know all the capital markets products very well, especially equity, and have an excellent rapport with our team too.” (France)
- “They are good at taking on unusual and complex matters, and are very available and responsive … It is really top-quality service.” (France)
- “Cleary are extremely good in innovating processes, leveraging on their international experience.” (Italy)
- “The team is comprised of very experienced and knowledgeable professionals. They do not leave a stone unturned.” (United Kingdom)
- “The best-organized and most thorough law firm I have seen in competition law investigations is Cleary.” (Belgium)
- “They are absolute masters of competition law.” (Belgium)
- “[They display] excellence, expertise, dedication, reliability, and in-depth knowledge of our activity… They definitely know how to handle the cross-border aspects of our matters.” (France)
- “My experience with Cleary is that they are the best in class in managing litigation and antitrust matters. They have a strong relationship with the client and find the best solution for the matter.” (Italy)
- “The Cleary Gottlieb team differentiates itself through both its precision in legal matters, as well as its judgement and advice to the client … The team is able to seamlessly connect with and draw upon its international network.” (Belgium)
- “[Cleary’s team] is accessible and pragmatic, with sound, actionable legal advice.” (Europe-wide)
- “They are very successful … They have great technical skills and they are really available.” (France)
- “They helped to very clearly delineate the differences between foreign and German legal practices … They were good at conveying general practice and customs and helping us evaluate.” (Germany)
- “I like the breadth of their practice, their practicality and the quality from partner to junior associate. I’m a big fan.” (United Kingdom)
- “Cleary are quick, well prepared and really responsive. They all work very fast and professionally.” (United Kingdom)
- “They acted autonomously in how they handled our case, with pertinent advice in what was a complex environment.” (Europe-wide)
- “Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton is way above other firms in terms of responsiveness and quality of the work done.” (France)
- “Cleary is well structured, with a 360-degree offering that provides high-quality work.” (Italy)
Projects & Energy
- “I would welcome the chance to work with the law firm again, and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who asks.” (France)
- “[The firm has] a pragmatic approach and clear understanding of its clients’ interests and position… [The lawyers] are very good negotiators and great communicators.” (France)
Chambers Europe, which covers 52 countries and includes regional sections, overall cited a wide range of client and competitor feedback about the strength of Cleary’s capabilities across practices, industries, and regions.
To view the firm’s complete Chambers Europe 2022 rankings, click here.