Cleary Gottlieb Earns Outstanding Rankings in Chambers Europe 2021
March 18, 2021
Cleary Gottlieb continues to receive exceptional rankings as a premier law firm in the latest edition of Chambers Europe.
Cleary earned 105 practice and lawyer rankings in the 2021 guide, 21 of which were top-tier.
Commendations for our firm and lawyers included:
- “Clients praise the practitioners for their ‘reactivity and in-depth research into the cases.’” (Europe-wide)
Banking & Finance
- “Their strength is that they work accurately and fast… they are always on-line, they are ready to help.” (Russia)
- “They are smart, efficient lawyers who always go above and beyond. They are extremely knowledgeable, with great commercial acumen.” (United Kingdom)
Capital Markets (Debt and Equity)
- “What impressed me the most is that you feel like Cleary is really a part of your team and a trusted adviser that always seemed to know what was around the corner.” (Europe-wide)
- “[T]he lawyers are very quick learners of the technical aspects of complicated businesses.”; “[I]t is one of the few firms able to deal with these massive, large-scale merger cases.” (Belgium)
- “The firm has a focus on complex cross-border competition law issues and addresses these seamlessly between their offices so that there is a consistent level of service.” (Germany)
- “They’re tremendous… The reason I go to them is because they have good people everywhere.” (Europe-wide)
- “They have excellent standing and really take care of anything during a closing and negotiation… The outcome has been excellent and they exceeded my already high expectations.” (Italy)
- “They pay amazing attention to detail, produce clever arguments and don’t lose touch with the strategic and commercial imperatives of the case.” (Europe-wide)
- “[T]hey are able to cope with complex situations, are quick at resolving problems and in general very smart.” (France)
Chambers Europe, which covers 52 countries and includes regional sections, overall cited a wide range of client and competitor feedback about the strength of Cleary’s capabilities across practices, industries, and regions.
To view the firm’s complete Chambers Europe 2021 rankings, click here.