Cleary Gottlieb Earns Top Rankings in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019
November 30, 2018
Cleary Gottlieb continues to earn top rankings in the 2019 edition of Chambers Asia-Pacific, with 10 practices and eight lawyers recognized in the directory.
In South Korea, Cleary was ranked Band 1 for Corporate/M&A: International Firms and was the only law firm ranked Band 1 for Capital Markets: International Firms.
Partners Freeman Chan, Jinduk Han, Sang Jin Han, and Yong Guk Lee; counsel Jay Hoon Choi and Robert Williams; senior attorney Hongki Moon; and associate Connie Chu were all recognized in their respective practice areas.
The firm received the following commendations:
Asia-Pacific Region: Capital Markets
- “They’re a top-notch team and they get things done. They’ve got great commercial sense, and are able to be proactive and persuasive at the negotiation table while compromising tactfully when necessary. Also very timely.”
- “Their performance, depth of understanding and problem-solving capability have been consistently top for a long period.”
- “They have a wealth of experience in this space and know how to seamlessly integrate foreign law concepts with a Korean context.”
Asia-Pacific Region: Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- “The team worked around the clock and consistently provided an excellent work product throughout the transaction.”
China: Capital Markets (International Firms)
- “They do very well, particularly on more U.S.-oriented work. They also have good expertise in fintech, which is very useful at the moment.”
China: Corporate/M&A (International Firms)
- “They are excellent! They have a wealth of knowledge and deep experience, are very responsive and have a keen awareness of clients’ commercial objectives.”
South Korea: Capital Markets: International Firms
- “They are a highly experienced, top-notch practice… I would definitely give 10 out of 10!”
- “A fine team with top-level expertise and a friendly attitude.”
South Korea: Corporate/M&A: International Firms
- “Cleary is the most well-established and highly regarded international law firm in Korea. I have been highly impressed with the team’s knowledge, skills and dedication.”
- “They have a dedicated M&A team — which is a big plus in terms of being able to execute deals on the ground. They are definitely one of the top firms — if not the top — in the corporate and M&A space in Korea.”