Cleary Gottlieb Earns Top-Tier Practice Recognition in Legal 500 U.S. 2019
May 29, 2019
Cleary Gottlieb continues to achieve recognition as an elite law firm in the 2019 edition of The Legal 500 U.S.
In the rankings published on May 29, 2019, Cleary earned 42 practice rankings, 22 of which were top-tier (up from 18 in 2018). Notably, the firm’s Corporate Governance practice placed in the top tier of the first-ever ranking for advising boards in defense of shareholder activism, and the firm’s e-Discovery practice placed in the top tier of the guide’s first-ever ranking of firms’ electronic discovery capabilities.
The firm also received 32 “Leading Lawyer” rankings (up from 30 in 2018), and 23 Cleary lawyers were included in The Legal 500 U.S. list of “Next Generation Lawyers,” spotlighting up-and-coming lawyers nationwide.
Cleary was commended as a top-tier firm in the following practice areas:
- Antitrust: Cartel
- Antitrust: Civil litigation/class actions
- Antitrust: Merger control
- Dispute resolution: Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense: advice to corporates
- Dispute resolution: e-Discovery
- Dispute resolution: Financial services: Litigation
- Dispute resolution: International litigation
- Dispute resolution: M&A: litigation: defense
- Finance: Capital markets: debt offerings – advice to issuers
- Finance: Capital markets: debt offerings – advice to underwriters
- Finance: Capital markets: equity offerings – advice to issuers
- Finance: Capital markets: equity offerings – advice to underwriters
- Finance: Capital markets: global offerings – advice to issuers
- Finance: Capital markets: global offerings – advice to underwriters
- Finance: Financial services: regulation
- Finance: Structured finance: derivatives and structured products
- Labor and Employment: Employee benefits and executive compensation: Transactional
- M&A/corporate and commercial: corporate governance
- Shareholder activism: Advice to boards
- Tax: Financial products
- Tax: International tax
- U.S. taxes: non-contentious
View Cleary’s complete results on The Legal 500’s website.