Cleary Gottlieb Receives High Rankings in the 2017 Edition of Legal 500 U.S.
May 31, 2017
Cleary Gottlieb continues to achieve recognition as a preeminent law firm in the 2017 edition of The Legal 500 U.S.
In the rankings published on May 31, 2017, the firm earned 36 practice rankings, 17 of which were top-tier (up from 13 in 2016). Cleary lawyers earned a total of 237 mentions, with 29 individuals named as “Leading Lawyers” in their respective practice areas (up from 24 in 2016). The Legal 500 U.S. also recognized 14 Cleary lawyers in its inaugural list of “Next Generation Lawyers,” a guide to up-and-coming lawyers nationwide.
Cleary was recommended as a top-tier firm in the following practice areas:
- Antitrust - Civil litigation/class actions
- Antitrust - Merger control
- Dispute resolution - Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Dispute resolution - International litigation
- Finance - Capital markets - debt offerings - advice to issuers
- Finance - Capital markets - debt offerings - advice to underwriters
- Finance - Capital markets - equity offerings - advice to issuers
- Finance - Capital markets - equity offerings - advice to underwriters
- Finance - Capital markets - global offerings - advice to issuers
- Finance - Capital markets - global offerings - advice to underwriters
- Finance - Financial services regulation
- Finance - Structured finance
- Labor and employment - Employee benefits and executive compensation (transactions)
- M&A/corporate and commercial - Corporate governance
- Tax - Financial products
- Tax - International tax
- Tax - US taxes: non-contentious
View Cleary’s complete results on Legal 500’s website.
Read about Cleary’s 12 “Leading Lawyers” recently named to the Legal 500’s inaugural U.S. Hall of Fame.