Cleary Gottlieb Recognized by Chambers Latin America 2016 Rankings
September 30, 2015
The 2016 rankings from Chambers Latin America give high marks to Cleary Gottlieb for its leading work in Latin America, both throughout the region and in Brazil.
This latest edition of the legal directory spotlighted nine practice areas and 12 lawyers from the firm’s New York, Buenos Aires and São Paulo offices, noting that Cleary is among the firms that "continue to dominate the rankings for corporate/M&A activity across the region, with notable involvement in high-end transactional mandates."
Cleary continues to be the only firm to be named to the top tier in the Latin America-wide categories for banking and finance, capital markets, and corporate/M&A every year the guide has been published. The 2016 rankings also featured Cleary’s work in several other categories, including energy and natural resources, international arbitration, projects for Latin America-wide, and international work in Brazil.
Here is some of what firm clients and peers at other firms had to say about Cleary Gottlieb's Latin America work and its lawyers over the past year:
- Banking and Finance: "They completely dominate the banking and finance market. They are the firm everyone goes to if they want the deal done. They are real experts."
- Capital Markets: "These lawyers are always extraordinary. They handle every transaction with the highest level of professionalism and never fail to deliver results. Cleary has such an impressive bench and can handle high-volume mandates."
- Corporate/M&A: "They were incredible. They were able to provide seamless coverage of the whole of Latin America, which was very important to our business. The firm has outstanding lawyers; that's what really sets it apart."
- Projects: "They fully understand the business aspect of the issues, propose novel solutions and have a great understanding of complex issues."
- Banking and Finance: "It is a very well-established firm, and the team is particularly good in restructuring matters."
- Capital Markets: "The lawyers are very experienced and focused; we had a very positive experience. The work was quick and efficient."
- Corporate/M&A: "The lawyers are very professional and great negotiators—the quality of their work is strong in terms of timing and clarity."
The Chambers rankings follow September’s release of the 2015 edition of The Legal 500 Latin America, which also named Cleary Gottlieb a top law firm for international businesses.