Cleary Gottlieb Shortlisted for Global Competition Review 2020 Awards
February 18, 2020
Cleary Gottlieb has been shortlisted as a finalist in Global Competition Review’s 2020 awards, with six nominations in the case/team categories (including one for Matter of the Year), and three nominations in the individual lawyer categories.
The following matters and deals are finalists in the case/team categories:
- Matter of the Year: T-Mobile/Sprint/DISH divestiture
- Merger Control Matter of the Year – Americas: Disney/Fox and T-Mobile/Sprint/DISH divestiture
- Merger Control Matter of the Year – Asia-Pacific, Middle East, and Africa: KLA Tencor/Orbotech
- Merger Control Matter of the Year – Europe: IBM/Red Hat
- Behavioral Matter of the Year – Europe: Complaint against Qualcomm licensing and chipset supply practices
The following Cleary partners are finalists in their respective categories:
- Dealmaker of the Year: Mark Nelson
- Lawyer of the Year: George Cary
- Lawyer of the Year – Under 40: Kenneth Reinker
Each year, readers of GCR are invited to vote for the “cases, law firms, lawyers, economists, and enforcers they believe excelled” in the previous year. For a full list of the finalists, and to place your vote for the winners of these awards, click here.
The winners will be announced at the 10th annual GCR Awards Dinner on April 21 in Washington, D.C.