Kenneth S. Reinker’s practice focuses on all aspects of antitrust law, including litigation, government investigations and merger review.
Ken’s practice spans all industries, including extensive experience in pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and health care; high-technology industries; mass media; and financial institutions.
Ken has particular expertise in the application of economics to complex legal matters and in working with economic experts. After law school and prior to joining the firm, he worked as an antitrust economist on cutting-edge litigation as executive director of Legal Economics LLC.
In addition to appearing before U.S. courts and regulators, he has had in-depth involvement with China’s Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) and other global regulators. Ken joined the firm in 2010 and became a partner in 2017.
Litigation and Investigation Highlights
Sabre in defending lawsuits by American Airlines and US Airways challenging nondiscrimination provisions in their agreements to distribute flights and fares through Sabre’s computerized reservation systems.
A major financial institution in global investigations into FX trading.
ArcelorMittal in a class action alleging an industry-wide agreement to reduce steel output.
A major automotive parts company, as well as an individual and third-parties, in the U.S. Department of Justice’s investigations into industry-wide price fixing.
Merger Review Highlights
Western Digital in its $17 billion acquisition of SanDisk and its $4.8 billion acquisition of Hitachi’s hard-drive business.
Family Dollar in its $9.3 billion acquisition by Dollar Tree and its rejection of Dollar General’s hostile tender offer on antitrust grounds.
IMS Health in its $17.6 billion merger with Quintiles and its acquisitions of Cegedim’s CRM and strategic data businesses and of SDI Health.
Meda AB in its $9.9 billion acquisition by Mylan.
- Articles Co-Chair, Harvard Law Review, Harvard Law School
- Olin Fellow in Law, Economics and Business, Harvard Law School
- Teaching Fellow, Antitrust Economics, Harvard University, 2005
- The Dominance and Monopolies Review, chapter on United States (1st ed. 2013; 2nd ed. 2014; 3rd ed. 2015; 4th ed. 2016; 5th ed. 2017).
- Dominance, Getting the Deal Through, 2017. Contributing editor and co-author of the United States chapter.
- “Market Definition and Competitive Effects in Merger Review: The Staples-Office Depot Example,” The Antitrust Counselor, 2016.
April 19, 2017
The Capitol Forum Interview Series with Ken Reinker
February 22, 2017
ABA Corporate Counseling Monthly Update