Cleary Gottlieb’s Competition Lawyers Honored by Who’s Who Legal
June 11, 2019
Nine Cleary Gottlieb lawyers, including partners, counsel, senior attorneys, and associates from the firm’s European and U.S. offices, have been recognized as “Future Leaders” in the Who’s Who Legal 2019 global industry rankings for competition law.
Cleary partner Patrick Bock was named one of Europe’s “Most Highly Regarded” partners, and senior attorney Michael Mayr was named one of the region’s “Most Highly Regarded” non-partners.
Peers and clients provided commentary and feedback about these future leaders:
- “The ‘technically excellent’ Daniel Culley is recommended by market commentators for his practice, which encompasses merger control, antitrust investigations and antitrust litigation, especially for clients in the technology sector. ‘He is one of the best lawyers I’ve worked with in terms of understanding the economic issues,’ says one source.”
- “Frédéric de Bure draws acclaim as ‘a rising star’ of international competition practice. Peers describe him as ‘a clever, quick on his feet young partner’. His practice focuses on French and EU competition law, including merger control and cartel investigations.”
- “David Little is singled out for his ‘incredible knowledge of the competition landscape, particularly in highly challenging and sophisticated cases’, while clients are impressed by his ‘interesting and creative ways of thinking’. He is experienced in cartel, restrictive agreements and abuse of dominance cases.”
- “The ‘absolutely brilliant’ Richard Pepper comes highly recommended for merger control matters this year, with peers describing his work in this area as ‘extremely thorough, with a pro-business approach’.”
- “Kenneth Reinker ‘continues to be outstanding’ in the competition space. He has experience of competition litigation, government antitrust investigations and merger review proceedings across a range of sectors, and especially the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors.”
Recognized as a leading individual in Germany, Michael Mayr was credited for his “very strong knowledge of merger control proceedings in the EU as well as around the world.”
Partner Séverine Schrameck and associate Paul Stuart were also honored as “Future Leaders.”
For more information about the Who’s Who Legal accolades, visit the website.