Cleary Gottlieb’s European Lawyers Honored by Who’s Who Legal
June 8, 2017
Ten Cleary Gottlieb lawyers, including partners, counsel and associates from the firm’s European offices, have been recognized as “Future Leaders” in the Who’s Who Legal 2017 global industry rankings for competition law.
Cleary partners Christopher Cook and Thomas Graf were highlighted as two of the Top 10 partners in Brussels, and Thomas was named one of the region’s “Most Highly Regarded” lawyers. Counsel David Little was named “Most Highly Regarded” in London, and associate Richard Pepper was named “Most Highly Regarded” in Brussels.
Peers and clients provided commentary and feedback about these future leaders:
- “Christopher Cook, who respondents ‘strongly recommend.’ Peers consider him ‘an excellent merger control practitioner,’ and he is particularly noted for ‘guiding global matters with calmness and care.’”
- “Thomas Graf has an ‘excellent reputation,’ particularly for his knowledge of competition issues relating to the technology sector. Possessing ‘a sharp mind,’ he is described as ‘a brilliant and very complete lawyer with experience in complex, high-profile cases.’”
- “In Paris, Frédéric de Bure is a notable name with an excellent reputation on the international stage. His impressive practice sees him handle significant merger control cases, as well as cartel investigations.”
- “Tilman Kuhn out of the firm’s Cologne office is described as ‘one of the leading young competition lawyers in Germany.’ One interviewee considers him ‘dedicated, easy to work with and a talented thinker.’”
- “David Little draws praise for his significant experience and is ‘calm and composed under pressure.’ Respondents praise him for being ‘diligent and pragmatic’ with a reputation for proving ‘crisp and practical advice, quickly and efficiently.’”
- “‘Star in the making’ Richard Pepper is recommended for his ‘astute and commercial understanding of antitrust concepts’. Respondents say he has ‘excellent command of the detail of a case but doesn’t lose the big picture.’”
Partners Patrick Bock and Marco D’Ostuni, counsel Rüdiger Harms and associate Esther Bitton were also honored as “Future Leaders.”
For more information about the Who’s Who Legal accolades, visit the website.