Cleary Gottlieb Practices and Lawyers Recognized in Chambers Global 2017
March 16, 2017
Cleary Gottlieb has been recognized again as a preeminent law firm in the latest edition of Chambers Global, published on March 16, 2017.
Cleary earned 322 practice and lawyer rankings in the 2017 guide; 60 of these were top-tier.
Chambers Global, which covers over 190 countries and includes regional and global sections, cited a wide range of client and competitor feedback about the strength of Cleary’s capabilities across practices, industries and regions.
Among the many favorable comments about our firm and lawyers, feedback included:
- “One interviewee noted: ‘They have top-quality partners and associates and a culture of professionalism,’ adding: ‘They are one of my absolute top picks.’” (Capital Markets)
- “‘The best and most sophisticated antitrust practice for global transactions. They are brilliant strategists, peerless advocates and genuinely enjoyable people to be around.’” (Competition/Antitrust)
- “‘The firm has a strong M&A practice. Its office footprint has been very helpful in advising on cross-border acquisitions and corporate transactions.’” (Corporate/M&A)
- “Clients underline ‘the ability of the international team working on a case and the lawyers’ friendly approach in all situations’ and describe these qualities as ‘really strong cards.’” (Dispute Resolution)
- “They are phenomenal — really good, innovative and they come up with solutions for us.” (Employee Benefits)
- “A great international franchise undertaking terrific cross-border work.” (Restructuring/Insolvency)
- “Cleary is probably the number one firm for Latin America-based restructurings.” (Restructuring/Insolvency)
- “Extremely professional and extremely proficient. They have a high level of expertise and are a very trusted adviser.” (Tax)
- “Certainly on all structuring, M&A and tax controversy work, I would look to Cleary.” (Tax)
To read more about all of the rankings that the firm has received in 2017, visit the Chambers site here.