Sean O’Neal Named an ‘Outstanding Restructuring Lawyer’ by Turnarounds and Workouts
December 29, 2020
Cleary Gottlieb partner Sean O’Neal has been named an “Outstanding Restructuring Lawyer” for 2020 by Turnarounds and Workouts.
Sean is among only 15 lawyers nationwide who have been honored for working on some of the year’s most significant restructurings.
Sean’s recent work has included representing:
- ESL Investments and its affiliates in the $5.2 billion acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Sears Holdings Corporation and its subsidiaries, which was at one time the largest retailer in the United States and the world.
- Special Restructuring Committee of AAC in matters relating to the company’s pre-negotiated Chapter 11 plan.
- Goldman Sachs as DIP Lender extending hundreds of millions of dollars in financing in multiple Chapter 11 bankruptcies, including McDermott International, Chesapeake Energy, and Ruby Tuesday.
- Norton Rose, as historic counsel in the Chapter 11 proceedings of OxyContin manufacturer, Purdue Pharma, including extensive discovery related matters and other matters.
- Goldman Sachs and various affiliates as letter of credit provider, alternative credit agreement lender, vehicle financing lender, and revolving lender, totaling more than $500 million in exposure, in connection with the Chapter 11 proceedings of Hertz Corporation.
- Wendy’s in connection with the bankruptcy and restructuring of NPC International, Inc., which filed for bankruptcy in July 2020.
To learn more about the recognition, visit the Turnarounds and Workouts website.