Introducing the Global Crisis Management Handbook
October 22, 2018
To access the latest edition of the Global Crisis Management Handbook, please click here.
We are glad to share with you the first edition of the Global Crisis Management Handbook, a publication founded by Cleary Gottlieb lawyers and designed to serve as your go-to reference for many of the legal and practical implications that frequently arise in cross-border investigations or other large-scale corporate events.
Companies operate today in an increasingly global, regulated, and contentious environment. When corporate crises strike, navigating the unexpected and potentially destabilizing events that frequently follow requires businesses to respond quickly with careful coordination. We designed Cleary Gottlieb’s Global Crisis Management Handbook to serve as your go-to reference for the legal and practical implications that frequently arise in a large-scale corporate crisis or other cross-border investigation—and to help assure that you are prepared to address these issues.
The handbook offers practical pointers on a variety of topics, including:
- Understanding the facts of a matter and managing public perception.
- Addressing concerns of governmental authorities, the markets, and other constituents.
- Legal issues that typically arise during governmental investigations.
- Protecting privilege and complying with data protection regimes.
- Collateral consequences associated with large-scale governmental investigations.
- Negotiating resolutions.
The Global Crisis Management Handbook also contains helpful checklists keyed to particular phases of crisis management and incident response. They are cross-referenced and designed to help you quickly think through and identify information that may be necessary for the task at hand.
Please click here to read the handbook.