The impressive positions our alumni hold reflect both the quality of our firm’s legal training and our global reach.
Should you pursue a career outside Cleary Gottlieb, you’ll join a network of stellar alumni of whom we are incredibly proud. Many alumni choose to remain in close contact with us after they leave—with many even becoming our best clients. People may leave Cleary, but they never leave the Cleary family.
Cleary alumni have gone on to join the legal departments of corporations and financial institutions, teach at universities, and even pursue fields completely outside of the law:
- Member of the World Trade Organization’s Appellate Body, representing the European Communities
- Co-CEO and co-chairman of IMAX, winner of an Academy Award
- Senior restructuring officer of the U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Secretary of the U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Deputy assistant attorney general in the Antitrust Division of the U.S. Department of Justice
- President of The Ford Foundation
- General counsel of Abbott Laboratories, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Credit Suisse, DHL, Exxon, Facebook, FINRA, Freddie Mac, Garmin, General Electric, Goldman Sachs, Hedera Hashgraph, HSBC, Johnson & Johnson, JPMorgan, KPMG, Louis Vuitton, Manhattan College, MasterCard, MetLife, Microsoft, NBA, New York Stock Exchange, Pfizer, Siemens, Soitec, Spotify, The New York Times, Time, Time Warner Cable, TPG, United Airlines, Verizon Communications, Visa, and several large investment funds and international corporations
Our Alumni Relations team actively engages our alumni network through educational programming and social events around the world. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.