Investment Arbitration and the Green Transition
September 22, 2021
As part of Paris Arbitration Week, Cleary Gottlieb is presenting a webinar, Investment Arbitration and the Green Transition.
The event will focus on recent trends in foreign investment and policy measures adopted by States in the context of the energy transition and the types of investment claims that may arise as a result, as well as corresponding changes in investment treaties and the arbitration landscape.
The schedule for the webinar includes:
Introduction: Christopher Moore, partner, Cleary Gottlieb
Panel 1: “The Green Transition: Incentives and Risks”
Moderator: J. Cameron Murphy, counsel, Cleary Gottlieb
- Kenneth Grant, Managing Director, Berkeley Research Group
- Jamie Donovan, principal, Monument Economics Group
- Ana Stanič, principal, E&A Law
Panel 2: “Evolution of Treaty Protection and Arbitration Landscape”
Moderator: Laurie Achtouk-Spivak, counsel, Cleary Gottlieb
- Prof. Jorge Viñuales, Professor of Law and Environmental Policy, University of Cambridge
- Annette Magnusson, co-founder, Climate Change Counsel
Learn more about the webinar and register here.
Cleary is also presenting another webinar during Paris Arbitration Week: Africa Outlook: Arbitration Trends.