Cleary Gottlieb Practices and Lawyers Commended in Chambers UK 2022
October 21, 2021
Cleary Gottlieb practices and lawyers have been recognized in the 2022 edition of Chambers UK.
The firm earned seven practice rankings, and 11 Cleary partners were highly ranked in their respective practice areas: Pierre-Marie Boury, James Brady, Maurits Dolmans, Sunil Gadhia, David Gottlieb, Jonathan Kelly, Nicholas Levy, Christopher Moore, Tihir Sarkar, Sebastian Sperber, and Richard Sultman.
Clients and peers provided outstanding feedback about the firm’s work to Chambers UK, including:
- Banking & Finance: “The team stand out for their dedication and commitment to every assignment – they always find practical solutions to the most complex of situations.”
- Banking Litigation: “[Cleary has] noted cross-border capability, as well as the expertise to handle complex disputes concerning a range of issues within the banking industry. [The firm is] particularly strong in relation to derivatives and national bond litigation, alongside proficiency in regulatory investigations and enforcement matters.”
- Capital Markets: Debt & Equity: “They have excellent subject matter experts and have proven themselves able to manage the legal challenges involved in constantly changing projects.”
- Competition Law: “The partners are pragmatic and give in-depth advice. The firm also has a strong bench of associates who give strong advice and are hands-on.”
- Corporate/M&A: High-end Capability: “I like the breadth of their practice, their practicality, and the quality from partner to junior associate. I’m a big fan.”
- Litigation: “[Cleary] offers valuable experience in overseeing sophisticated and sensitive disputes within the UK and around the world, with a high level of proficiency in litigation concerning the banking industry.”
Learn more about Cleary’s recognition on the Chambers UK website.