Cleary Gottlieb Practices and Lawyers Commended in Chambers UK 2023
October 20, 2022
Cleary Gottlieb practices and lawyers have been recognized in the 2023 edition of Chambers UK.
The firm earned six practice rankings, and 15 Cleary lawyers were highly ranked in their respective practice areas: partners James Brady, Maurits Dolmans, Sunil Gadhia, Paul Gilbert, David Gottlieb, Jim Ho, Jackie Holland, Jonathan Kelly, Nicholas Levy, Christopher Moore, Nallini Puri, Tihir Sarkar, Sebastian Sperber, and Richard Sultman and counsel Paul Stuart.
Clients and peers provided outstanding feedback about the firm’s work to Chambers UK, including:
- Banking & Finance: Borrowers: Big-Ticket – The Cleary team “has a great balance of expert knowledge with a realistic commercial approach”; “is absolutely client-focused with quick response times, availability and a thorough understanding of the subject matter”; “is comprised of exceptionally smart, commercial, and highly committed lawyers who come up with brilliant solutions to meet our objectives”; “is intelligent, pragmatic and commercial with strong and deep technical knowledge of the market”; and “is able to effectively navigate through complex and multi-jurisdictional mandates while providing sound advice on structuring.”
- Banking Litigation – “The team is fully aware of the commercial setting at any given time. They are experts at maximizing commercial pressure in the context of complex litigation.” “Cleary Gottlieb has a great banking litigation team.”
- Capital Markets: Debt & Equity – The Cleary team is “always at the forefront of all arising issues and have great lawyers that can assist with the most complex matters”; “often work[s] around the clock to deliver”; and “is extremely helpful, very smart, and focused on problem solving.”
- Competition Law – “The firm offers balanced and deep professional knowledge with understanding and empathy for commercial imperatives.” “We are uniformly impressed by the team’s service levels and responsiveness.” “The lawyers are incredibly responsive and able to turn around complex matters quickly without losing any quality.”
- Corporate/M&A: £800 million and above – “They are really responsive and are always available when we need them. They are extremely efficient and professional.” “The team was very knowledgeable and had great negotiation skills.” “By far the most responsive team I’ve had the pleasure of working with. In addition, they work with us to address our concerns whether budgetary or staffing-related and promptly work out a solution.”
Learn more about Cleary’s recognition on the Chambers UK website.