Cleary Gottlieb Practices and Lawyers Highlighted in Chambers UK 2021
October 22, 2020
Cleary Gottlieb practices and lawyers have been recognized in the 2021 edition of Chambers UK.
The firm earned eight practice rankings, and 10 Cleary partners were highly ranked in their respective practice areas: James Brady, Pierre-Marie Boury, Maurits Dolmans, Sunil Gadhia, David Gottlieb, Jonathan Kelly, Nicholas Levy, Tihir Sarkar, Sebastian Sperber, and Richard Sultman.
Client and peer feedback included:
- Banking & Finance: “They are smart, efficient lawyers, who always go above and beyond. They are extremely knowledgeable with great commercial acumen,” reports one client, adding: “The finance team at Cleary are extraordinary at what they do.”; “They are the Rolls Royce of international firms. You know you will get quality. The team as a whole is tremendously talented, extremely reliable and very attentive. They are a pleasure to deal with and you feel entirely in safe hands.”
- Banking Litigation: “The team works well together on cross-border matters.”
- Capital Markets: Debt & Equity: Clients describe the lawyers as “knowledgeable and enthusiastic,” adding: “I really appreciate their ability to move swiftly and deliver high-quality drafting and advice within tight timescales.”; “The whole team works together very well, so we know if we reach out to one lawyer or associate and they are unavailable, then another colleague will step in.”
- Competition Law: “Cleary Gottlieb is outstanding as a firm. They are quick to respond, effective and efficient.”
- Litigation: “They pay amazing attention to detail, produce clever arguments and don’t lose touch with the strategic and commercial imperatives of the case.”
Learn more about Cleary’s recognition on the Chambers UK website.