Jane VanLare Named an ‘Outstanding Young Restructuring Lawyer’ by Turnarounds & Workouts
April 21, 2022
Cleary Gottlieb partner Jane VanLare has been named an “Outstanding Young Restructuring Lawyer” for 2022 by Turnarounds & Workouts.
Jane is among only 12 lawyers nationwide under the age of 40 recognized for their work in some of the most significant bankruptcies and restructurings from the past year.
Jane’s recent work has included representing:
- LATAM Airlines Group S.A. and its affiliates in Chile, Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, and the United States in the voluntary reorganization and restructuring of approximately $11 billion in debt under Chapter 11 protection in the United States.
- Grupo Posadas S.A.B. de C.V. and its affiliate Operadora del Golfo de Mexico S.A. de C.V., the largest hotel operator in Mexico, in the successful restructuring of $393 million of Posadas’ 7.875% senior notes due June 2022.
- Automotores Gildemeister and certain of its affiliates in a prepackaged Chapter 11 bankruptcy involving approximately $570 million of debt. Gildemeister, a Chilean company, is one of the largest vehicle importers and distributors in Chile and Peru, with additional operations in Uruguay, Brazil, and Costa Rica.
- Goldman Sachs and certain of its affiliates as lender, agents, inventory financing counterparties, and hedge providers in connection with the Chapter 11 of Limetree Bay Refining, LLC and certain of its affiliates.
- Goldman Sachs as prepetition agent on a $110 million pre-petition facility and DIP agent in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Rockall Energy Holdings, LLC and its affiliates, an upstream oil and gas company that filed for Chapter 11 in March 2022.
To learn more about Jane’s recognition, click here.