Cleary Gottlieb’s Competition Lawyers Recognized by Who’s Who Legal
June 26, 2019
Twenty-four Cleary Gottlieb lawyers from the firm’s European and U.S. offices have been recognized in Who’s Who Legal: Competition 2019.
Peers and clients provided commentary and feedback about some of these lawyers:
- “Leah Brannon is a ‘really excellent’ antitrust lawyer who stands out in the market for her leading work in relation to merger review, government investigations and related litigation.”
- “Jeremy Calsyn is recognized as a Global Elite Thought Leader in the antitrust field, thanks in particular to his exceptional expertise in criminal investigations and cartel-related matters.” (Global Elite Thought Leader)
- “Christopher Cook is ‘an outstanding counsel’ who ‘will do whatever it takes with impressive efficiency’ for his clients. A respondent effuses, ‘He is one of the finest draftsmen around.’”
- “Maurits Dolmans is rated as ‘an absolute star on European law’ by sources who applaud his ‘exceptional work’ in relation to technology and IP matters.”
- “David Gelfand is ‘a spectacular lawyer’ who respondents describe as ‘a force of nature’ in the antitrust world. One peer enthuses, ‘I can’t say enough positive things about him.’” (Global Elite Thought Leader)
- “Paul Gilbert also gains recognition here for his impressive handling of EU and UK competition law matters.”
- “Francisco Enrique González-Díaz impresses market sources who consider him a go-to name in Brussels. His expertise spans abuse of dominance and merger-related matters, as well as state aid law.”
- “Thomas Graf is ‘an outstanding lawyer’ who sits ‘at the very top’ of the Brussels market. He draws effusive praise from peers, one of whom considers him ‘a genius’ while another states, ‘He is absolutely the best lawyer I have worked with.’” (Global Elite Thought Leader)
- “Mark Leddy has considerable experience practicing in the antitrust arena, and is applauded for his deep knowledge of U.S. and European competition law and regulation.”
- “Nicholas Levy at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton ‘really stands out’ in the UK market for his leading expertise in merger control proceedings, an area in which peers highlight him as ‘very impressive’.” (Global Elite Thought Leader)
- “Till Müller-Ibold is a leading figure in the Brussels competition market who is considered a top name for state aid-related matters.” (Global Elite Thought Leader)
- “Robbert Snelders enjoys a great reputation among peers who consider him ‘one of the best in Brussels’ when it comes to EU competition law, including merger control and regulatory investigations.”
- “Romano Subiotto QC is hailed by peers as ‘a great litigator’. He focuses his practice on European and national competition law and possesses considerable experience handling related litigation and arbitration proceedings.”
- “Antoine Winckler has ‘been on a number of big cases’ say sources. He frequently advises on proceedings relating to market dominance and merger control.” (Global Elite Thought Leader)
Those featured in Who’s Who Legal: Competition 2019 are recognized for their exceptional work on a range of related matters including merger control, abuse of dominance cases, cartel investigations, state aid matters, and high-stakes antitrust litigation.
For more information on the rankings, click here.