Ferdisha Snagg’s practice focuses on financial services law and regulation.
Ferdisha has a wide range of non-contentious experience advising banks, investment banks, asset managers, and market infrastructures. She regularly advises on a variety of financial services and regulatory issues including financial markets regulation, financial collateral and financial market infrastructure regulation, and banking regulation.
She has written and presented extensively on legal and regulatory issues surrounding distributed ledger technology and cryptoassets.
Prior to joining Cleary, Ferdisha was an associate at another major London law firm. She has also spent time on secondment at three global investment banks and a central bank.
Global financial institutions on the implementation of EU financial markets and derivatives regulations.
Global banks on Basel III requirements and bank restructuring regulation.
Numerous institutions on the implications of Brexit.
Global banks on securities financing and financial collateral arrangements.
Global banks on hedge fund lending and securities depositary requirements.
Financial markets infrastructure on new products and rule changes.
- “COVID-19: COVID UK Corporate Financing Facility Explained,” Cleary Gottlieb Alert Memo, with Polina Lyadnova, Bree Morgan-Davies, Jonathan Griggs, and Anne Lim (March 2020)
- “COVID-19 UK Government’s Latest Measures To Support UK Businesses,” Cleary Gottlieb Alert Memo, with Nallini Puri, Jennifer Maskell, Melissa Reid, and Eloise Skinner (March 2020)
- “COVID-19: UK Regulators Adopt Regulatory and Operational Relief Measures To Support Financial Services Firms,” Cleary Gottlieb Alert Memo, with Jim Ho, Bree Morgan-Davies, and Anne Lim (March 2020)
- “LIBOR Transition: The Time to Act Is Now,” Cleary Gottlieb Alert Memo, with Jim Ho and Jonathan Griggs (February 2019)
- “The Medium Is the Message: How Can the Development of DLT Improve Upon the Workings of the Indirect Holding System for Intermediated Securities?,” Journal of International Banking and Financial Law
- “United Kingdom” chapter, Getting the Deal Through: Securities Finance 2019, with Andrew Shutter, Raj Panasar, and Jim Ho
- “The CFTC and Prudential Regulators Grant Relief in Preparation for Brexit,” Cleary Gottlieb Alert Memo, with Colin D. Lloyd, Brian J. Morris, and Brandon Hill (April 2019)
- Green and Snagg, “Intermediated Securities and Distributed Ledger Technology,” Intermediation and Beyond (L. Gullifer and J. Payne, eds.), Hart Publishing, 2019