Cleary Gottlieb Shortlisted for 2022 Antitrust Writing Awards
January 19, 2022
Cleary Gottlieb lawyers have authored several articles shortlisted for 2022 Antitrust Writing Awards by Concurrences.
In the Academic category, the following article was shortlisted:
- “FRAND Licensing Commitments – Back to First Principles” (by Maurits Dolmans)
In the Business category, the following articles were shortlisted:
- “The ‘Twenty-First Century Antitrust Act’ Raises the Risks of Doing Business in New York” (by Leah Brannon, Bruce Hoffman, Brian Byrne, Daniel Culley, Jeremy Calsyn, Elaine Ewing, Kenneth Reinker, George Cary, and David Gelfand)
- “The European Commission Proposes a Far-Reaching Regulation to Tackle Foreign Subsidies” (by François-Charles Laprévote, Andris Rimsa, Mario Siragusa, and Alessandro Comino)
- “New UK National Security Regime to Come Into Force in January 2022” (by Nicholas Levy, Maurits Dolmans, Jackie Holland, Tihir Sarkar, Michael Preston, Sam Bagot, Gabriele Antonazzo, Nallini Puri, Michael James, Paul Gilbert, and John Messent)
- “Dutch Court Rules on Legal Privilege for In-House Lawyers” (by Maurits Dolmans, Robbert Snelders, Paul Gilbert, and Patrick Todd)
- “Cartel Settlements: An Overview of EU and National Case Law” (by Robbert Snelders and Conor Opdebeeck-Wilson)
- “The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit Dismisses Antitrust Claims Against Two Chinese Pharmaceutical Companies for Reasons of International Comity (Animal Science Products / Hebei Welcome Pharmaceutical)” (by Jonathan Blackman, Boaz Morag, Carmine Boccuzzi, Rathna Ramamurthi, Sarah Gutman, and Matthew Slater)
- “Fifth Circuit Upholds FTC’s Impax Decision in First Fully Litigated Post-Actavis Reverse Payment Decision” (by Kenneth Reinker, Bruce Hoffman, Kathleen Bradish, and George Cary)
The Antitrust Writing Awards aim to promote competition scholarship and contribute to competition advocacy by recognizing the best antitrust writings published annually. Click on the links above to read and vote for each article.
Winners will be announced April 5. Learn more about the awards here.